At the beginning of the year, I crafted a reading bingo card (which I will include at the end of this post) and while I have yet to complete the whole card, I have won a bingo! I’ll detail each “winning” book below, but here is my card:
I was pretty close in a few spots and I have things on my TBR to fill the rest of the card pretty quickly! Here are the five books that make up my horizontal bingo in the middle of the card:
- A re-read: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, J. K. Rowling. Read on July 18th, 5 star rating!
- A book told in the first person: The Status of All Things, Liz Fenton. Read on March 28th, and I never actually gave this one a rating, because it was a bit fluffy and predictable and not something I usually enjoy reading, but I knew that when I picked it up and at the time that was exactly what I was looking for, as I’d just finished Moby Dick, which was a REAL undertaking and I wanted something light to cleanse my palate!
- A book from your 2018 TBR: If We Were Villains, M.L. Rio. Read on March 5th with a FIVE STAR rating. As a theatre kid and Shakespeare lover, I *adored* this book. If you’re unfamiliar, definitely check out my review in the archive.
- A book with a blue cover: Golden Child, Claire Adam. Read on June 29th, 3.5 star rating. This was my June book club book and I was unfortunately unable to attend the meeting, because I was really excited to hear what the other ladies in my club thought!
- A play: Uncle Vanya, Anton Chekhov. Read on February 27th, 5 star rating. As I’ve mentioned many times before (including in this post!) I am an actor by trade, and I reread this classic Chekhov in February as I had just been cast in the role of Sonya and wanted to refresh myself before rehearsing and performing in March and April. Russian theatre has a huge place in my heart!
I love doing reading challenges, and bingo is just one more fun way to keep track of things! If you’re interested in playing my card, here is the blank version:
Whether you make it a second-half of 2019 challenge or backfill with your first six months of reading, I hope you enjoy filling the boxes! If you get a bingo or complete the card, let me know… there just might be a prize in store 🙂 I hope everyone’s challenges are going well! Are you all on track? Leave comments below!
Happy Reading! Xx.